Please do not call the surgery for Covid related information
Please do not call the surgery to book a covid vaccine, we will call you when your it's your turn, alternatively you can book online by searching 'Book NHS Covid Vaccine' or by calling 119.
Please note we have no access to Covid-19 tests, these are arranged via 111 Online or by calling 119
Please also note we do not issue letters confirming you should self-isolate or to show your vaccine status for travel.
Demonstrating Covid Vaccination Status For Travel
You can access your COVID-19 vaccination status through the free NHS App from 17 May.
You can access the app through mobile devices such as a smartphone or by tablet. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will be shown within the NHS App. We recommend that you register with the app before booking international travel.
Do not contact your GP surgery about your COVID-19 vaccination status. GPs cannot provide letters showing your COVID-19 vaccination status.
We started out Covid vaccination programme in December 2020, working alongside our neighbouring practices in Falmouth.
Clinics may held at Penryn Surgery or at a local hub. We will contact you to book these appointments and inform you of the details at the time of booking.
Things are constantly changing, as they do we will update you as we have more information on the roll-out through the priority groups. Please do not call reception as they have no more information and they are already working to their maximum capacity with the normal pressures on our services.
Please check our News section for regular updates on which cohorts are being invited, and how we contact you.
Risks of Covid Vaccinations
There has been a lot of publicity about the risks of Covid vaccinations. We would like to reassure patients that we are following the MHRA and JCVI advice about specific vaccines being offered to specific age groups. A useful document have been created by Public Health England summarising the risks of covid vaccination here
Penryn Surgery remains open, our doctors are available to speak to in a booked telephone consultation for any health concerns you may have.
Please wear a face covering when entering the surgery
- we ask patients not to physically attend the surgery unless instructed to do so, in order to protect others.
- we would also urge patients not to order extra medication, or order earlier than usual, as this will create shortages in medications for others.
- wear a face covering to your face to face appointments at the surgery and only remove if instructed by a clinician.
- we have ensured continued access to a GP, this will be initially via a telephone call. Online booking has been suspended.
- contact the surgery if you are concerned about any health issue or are concerned you have symptoms of cancer.
Thank you all for your support during these challenging times.
Please DO NOT ATTEND the surgery under any circumstances if you have:
- a fever
- OR a new continuous cough
- OR loss of/change in taste or smell
To arrange a Covid test please call NHS 119 or https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
If you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/
We are letting you know about a very useful website called Germ Defence which was created by a team of doctors and scientists to give you advice that has been proven to reduce the spread of viruses in the home. It can help you plan how to protect yourself and members of your family from infection by COVID-19 and ‘flu.
It’s easy to use and only takes 10 minutes - just click on this link:
www.germdefence.org/index.html?src=L82006 (if this link does not open when you click on it, please copy and paste it into your web browser.)
Please pass details of the Germ Defence website to your friends and family.
There’s a button at the bottom of the Germ Defence website for sharing by social media.
If you’d like to know more:
- Over 20,000 people previously took part in research about Germ Defence
- People who followed the advice in Germ Defence had fewer and less severe illnesses - and so did the people they lived with
- Results of the study were published in The Lancet medical journal
- Germ Defence has been updated with COVID-19 advice to help prevent a wave of COVID-19 and ‘flu this Autumn/Winter
- Information about how the Germ Defence website is being evaluated is available here.