Join The Practice

If you live within the area covered by the practice, please complete the Online Registration form AND the health questionnaire.  Both can be found below.

There are different versions for adults and children under 16.

For university student registration please click on the image opposite.

You do not need:
*proof of ID or address
*proof of immigration status
*an NHS number - although if you can provide it on your registration form it will speed up locating your record on the NHS database

You can find your NHS number here


As soon as your completed forms are received your details will be entered onto our clinical system and an application will be made for your medical records to be transferred to us.


Taking Medication? 

Please make a telephone appointment with our Clinical Pharmacist once you have received confirmation of your registration and well before you run out of your medicines.

The practice area consists of Penryn, Falmouth and all the villages and countryside on the map below. Please check you live within the boundary area before registering.

Practice Area Map.pdf

On Holiday?

Most surgeries offer telephone appointments - so no matter where you are registered you should be able to speak to your home GP for advice. Your home GP practice can also send prescriptions electronically anywhere in England - so if you've forgotten your medication give them a ring.

If your home GP can't help and feels you need to be seen in Cornwall, you can call NHS 111 who will advise you were to go for treatment.

Temporary Registrations

If you are not registered with a GP you will be unable to see one unless you have a serious emergency. In most other cases, calling 111 is a better option.

If you need treatment for more than 14 days, you will need to register with that GP surgery as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can register as a temporary resident if you plan to live near the GP surgery for up to 3 months.

After 3 months you will have to apply to register with that surgery as a permanent resident.

You can register temporarily with a GP surgery while away from home for work, study or on holiday. You'll remain registered with your permanent GP surgery.

The temporary GP surgery will pass details of any treatment you have to your permanent GP surgery. They will add the information to your medical records.


Non English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages:

Accessibility for Patients

Penryn Surgery Team are here to help...

The surgery works to ensure that patients and service users, and their carers and parents, can access and understand the information they are given. We want to get better at communicating with our patients. We want to make sure you can read and understand the information we send you. If you find it hard to read our letters or if you need someone to support you at appointments, please let us know.

We want to know if you need information in braille, large print or easy read. We want to know if you need a British Sign Language interpreter or advocate.  We want to know if we can support you to lipread or use a hearing aid or communication tool.

We have:

  • Patient information available in alternative formats
  • Hearing Loop
  • Disabled car parking spaces
  • Disabled toilet on each floor
  • Interpretation services including British Sign Language
  • Accessible consultation rooms & examination couches
  • Wheelchairs
  • High backed & raised waiting room chairs
  • Surgery website which is able to be translated
  • Face to face interpreter service for non-English speakers

Should you require any assistance please contact reception direct.